Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derrick Mason to be re-signed?

3 posters

Go down

Derrick Mason to be re-signed? Empty Derrick Mason to be re-signed?

Post by DS3 Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm sure you've already seen this, Ava... but with you being a Ravens fan I figured I'd post it here... since I had heard rumors of Mason retiring:

Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome reiterated Wednesday that the team intends to re-sign free agent Derrick Mason.
"I did have a discussion with Derrick," Newsome said. "We would like for Derrick to remain a Raven." Ideally, newly signed Donte' Stallworth will be a third wideout/situational deep threat at best in 2010, while the Ravens acquire a true No. 1 and re-sign Mason to be the No. 2 and slot receiver.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=222
DS3
DS3
Admin
Admin

https://sportsphere.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Derrick Mason to be re-signed? Empty Re: Derrick Mason to be re-signed?

Post by redsoxcowboys7 Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Why wouldn't he be resigned?..he's dirty for someone that is pretty old!
redsoxcowboys7
redsoxcowboys7
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bm0rioles Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:31 pm

The Ravens are more than willing to resign him. At this point it's up to Mason though...if he wants to retire or not. Because he almost did before this past season. So it depends if he wants to stick with it still or not.
bm0rioles
bm0rioles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redsoxcowboys7 Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Is Mason the one that DID retire, then decided to come out of retirement? or did he just get really close to retiring? or was that someone else?
redsoxcowboys7
redsoxcowboys7
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bm0rioles Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:11 pm

He "retired" for like 3 weeks back in the offseason last year when the whole McNair death happened because they were good friends. No one took it seriously though because we all assumed he was just shaken up over the death of his good friend. Once the season got closer he was at the stadium practicing along with everyone else so he definitely wasn't ready for retirement. He's no Favre with the infamous "I'm retiring" statement. Razz
bm0rioles
bm0rioles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redsoxcowboys7 Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:10 am

bm0rioles wrote:He "retired" for like 3 weeks back in the offseason last year when the whole McNair death happened because they were good friends. No one took it seriously though because we all assumed he was just shaken up over the death of his good friend. Once the season got closer he was at the stadium practicing along with everyone else so he definitely wasn't ready for retirement. He's no Favre with the infamous "I'm retiring" statement. Razz

Obviously..I used to like Favre before he decided to retire and come back every year. It's kind of annoying actually.
redsoxcowboys7
redsoxcowboys7
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DS3 Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:17 am

redsoxcowboys7 wrote:
bm0rioles wrote:He "retired" for like 3 weeks back in the offseason last year when the whole McNair death happened because they were good friends. No one took it seriously though because we all assumed he was just shaken up over the death of his good friend. Once the season got closer he was at the stadium practicing along with everyone else so he definitely wasn't ready for retirement. He's no Favre with the infamous "I'm retiring" statement. Razz

Obviously..I used to like Favre before he decided to retire and come back every year. It's kind of annoying actually.

He's old and gets all beat up and probably feels like dying by the end of the season. Then as he heals up and the next season approaches, he feels the need to play again. I'm not a big Favre fan... but he's alright.
DS3
DS3
Admin
Admin

https://sportsphere.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum